Here is a summary of the latest statistics issued by the Junta de Andalucia regarding tourism in the region during the last quarter of 2009.
* Almost 3.9 million tourists visited Andalucia in Q4 2009. It represents a 10.1% reduction versus the same quarter of 2008.
* 62.9% of visitors were from Spain, while 37.1% came from abroad.
* 86.1% of visitors came on holidays, 7.1% to visit friends or relatives.
* 74.2% of visitors stayed in hotels, 24.6% stayed in apartments or villas.
* The average stay was 7.2 days.
* Province breakdown: 31.7% of visitors stayed in Malaga, 15.7% in Sevilla, 15.1% in Granada, 12.5% in Cadiz.
* Average daily spending: 60.15 euros – 5% more than in Q4 2008.
* Visitors rated their stay as 7.1 over 10. The highest rated provinces were Cordoba, Sevilla, Jaen.